As an innovator and problem solver, I am always looking for the best ways to craft amazing customer experiences and improve processes.
I am a proven leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-functional team player. As a manager, discovering what is unique about each team member and guiding them to become the best person they can be is my leadership philosophy.
UX Manager | NEXTEP SYSTEMS | 2017-2020
Lead a growing team of product designers and front-end developers creating amazing interactive experiences within the self-service industry.
UX Design Manager | STAHLS’ | 2012-2017
Plan, design, and test the user experience of several e-commerce sites. Apply user-centered methodologies and create intuitive experiences by ensuring user experience and design guidelines were met.
Product Designer | Johnson & Johnson | 2011-2012
Defined and optimized the user experience as part of the product management team.
Web Design Lead | Johnson & Johnson | 2009-2012
Worked with software engineers, content authors, behavioral scientists and project managers to help drive online design and execution of product solutions.
Web Designer | DTE Energy | 2008-2009
Worked as a contractor within the Usability Department and created user-centered designs for website and software applications.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Contribute to Product Strategy and provide User Experience Strategy.
– Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers and front-end developers.
– Provide strategy for design direction and improve quality of the design work.
– Implement process improvements to ensure product quality and productivity.
– Identify resource requirements to meet product design goals.
– Develop best practices to ensure smooth and continuous product processes across multi-functional teams.
– Assist in team member recruitment, evaluations, promotions, and termination activities
– Recommend new technologies and tools to optimize product design processes.
– Analyze and troubleshoot product issues in a timely manner.
– Follow usability guidelines and design principles.
– Engage in user testing and analysis.
– Generate deliverables such as personas, journey maps, wire frames, and prototypes.
Certificate: UX Management: Strategy and Tactics
– Interaction Design Foundation - April 12, 2018 - January 6, 2020
Certificate: Machine Learning: From Data to Decisions
– Massachusetts Institute of Technology - November 29, 2018 - February 14, 2019
The Associate in Liberal Arts Degree
– Honors: Summa Cum Laude
– Cumulative GPA: 3.933
– Oakland Community College - December 18, 2017
Certificate: Gestalt Psychology and Web Design: The Ultimate Guide
– Interaction Design Foundation - April 20, 2017 - August 30, 2017
Certificate: Mobile User Experience Design
– Interaction Design Foundation- April 7, 2017 - June 1, 2017
Interaction Design UX Certification #1001617
– Nielsen Norman Group - Achieved Sep 8, 2014
– University of Washington - June 30, 1993
– As a life-long learner, I enjoy experimenting with art and the act of creating.
– I am passionate about art, music, travel, dogs, manual transmissions, motorcycles, and listening to audible.
– I’ve completed six marathons.
Conception Art Event - NYC
ArtPrize - Grand Rapids, MI